Wednesday 4 June 2008

Oh bugger

Oh crap, I've gone high again. After a week or so where I was extremely productive and yet somehow didn't need to eat or sleep there is no getting away from the fact that I am erring on the manic side. This is not good. The new mood stabiliser didn't give me the skin of a smallpox sufferer, but it caused enough side effects to be ruled out as an alternative after just four days of trying, and now it would seem that the depakote just can't cut the mustard any more. Off to the doc on friday to see what we can figure out. In the meantime I am nibbling away at valium tablets to try and stave off the inevitable crash, while still retaining an ability to drive a car and look after children.

I really really thought that it wouldn't happen again - that we had it sorted after last time. I'm actually scared for the first time in months, and I am not enjoying the experience.

No comments: