Friday 6 June 2008

It's official

Just back from the shrink with a diagnosis of mania. How exciting. So much more exciting than the hypomania I had last time. Can you spot the deliberate sarcasm?

Time to tweak the drugs, in the hope that stuffing me full of depakote will bring me back down and yet somehow not render me entirely bald. If it doesn't work then we will need to think about lowering the antidepressant. A little counterintuitive, since I have depression, but there you have it. These things seem to be a bit of a balancing act.

Even more interestingly the doc seems to think that I may actually be properly bipolar, as opposed to being made so by the meds. Cue a lifetime of taking cocktails of different drugs and swinging around all over the place like a yoyo. If I wasn't finding everything so bloody hilarious then I'd be far more concerned. As it is nothing is touching sides right now. Ha-de-bloody-ha - gotta love mania!

No comments: