Sunday 13 April 2008

Wait and see

I went to the pshrink last week and, after a very amusing conversation where he tried several different methods of referring to my fathers before settling on first names (makes sense really), we discussed medication. I have been wanting to reduce my depakote for a while (I don't like the way my hands shake and my hair falls out - petty I know) but have been afraid to. Before I went on the stuff I had a brief (and yet wonderful at the time) episode of hypomania, followed by the mother of all breakdowns. You know that you are ill if your mother moves in with you and DOESN'T GET ON YOUR NERVES. I was too unwell to even watch telly - serious business. Needless to say I am slightly worried about a repeat performance.

A week into the lowered dose and I was feeling a little like I had eaten five krispy kremes and drunk a triple shot latte. Twitchy to say the least. I didn't mention it to the husband because I knew he would panic - not so good in a crisis. Fortunately that seems to have faded a little, and I am feeling a bit less antsy. Time will tell if I become the crazy nyphomaniac that I was last time, but I'm guessing hubby won't mind too much if I do. At least, not straight away.

No comments: