Saturday 29 March 2008

And the winner is....

Bloody hell!

Got the test results, and it was as I thought - I am indeed a member of the 'I'm a bastard' club. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's not as though it's a surprise, but it is an entirely different kettle of fish to suspect something and then discover that you are right. Or as the DNA test says, 99.9% right.

So now instead of two sisters I have four half sisters and a half brother, and have gained two nieces and a nephew. Except that I haven't because that isn't how it works. I'm not just going to slip into the lives of these people like I belong there. Genetics isn't all you need to make a family - it isn't necessarily even the best place to start.

And then there is the whole medical history side of things. I've lost the autism gene, but what have I gained? I'll find out on wednesday, when I meet the man himself. That could be an interesting day.

No comments: